Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Harry Potter: No Spoilers!

As some of you may have heard, there has been a breach in Harry Potter security. According to various sources (I just searched on Google News and read some articles), some books were shipped out early to readers. Supposedly some of the seventh book has ended up online, although it is unclear as to whether or not it's real. Apparently one newspaper also posted an early review which gives away the meaning of "deathly hallows," along with some other bits of information THAT SHOULD BE SECRET!

As much as I might be a bit tempted to see how it ends, I would rather wait until Saturday to find out after reading the whole thing, and I am very disappointed that some people have tried to ruin that. I talked to a friend who accidentally read part of what is supposedly book seven when browsing through a friend's wall on facebook.

I don't want to know yet unless the whole book shows up on my doorstep (which, it won't, because I didn't preorder one, but reserved one for the midnight party at the local bookstore). My internet activity is going to be pretty limited for the next few days to make sure I don't accidentally read something I don't want to, and I talked to one friend who is refusing to go online at all until she's read the whole thing!